Whats happened with online recruitment?
PageUp, a HR company that provides an online platform for staff recruitment for many Australian organisations including businesses and government agencies, has reported a security incident on its computer network.
At this stage, investigations are continuing into what data, if any, may have been compromised.
PageUp is working with the Australian Cyber Security Centre to investigate the incident.
Does it affect me?
PageUp is a service provider for many Australian organisations including Coles, Telstra, NAB, the ABC and Medibank.
If you have created an account to apply for a job via their online recruitment platform, PageUp recommend you change your password on those accounts as a precautionary measure.
If you have used the same username and password combination on other accounts. We also recommend you change the password on those as well.
How do I stay safe?
There are a few simple steps you can take to help keep your account safe for example:
- Change your password on any online recruitment systems and on other accounts. Where you also may have used the same email and password combination.
- Use two-factor authentication so your account is protected by a second layer of security.
- Use a strong password and don’t reuse the same password on other websites.
- Monitor your accounts for any unusual activity.
- Use a password manager to keep stock of all your passwords and login details.
If you are concerned about how your personal information could also be used or identity theft, you can contact Australia’s National Identity and Cyber Support Service, IDCare or use their free Cyber First Aid Kit.
If you have been a victim of a cybercrime such as fraud, report it to the Australian Cybercrime Online Reporting Network (ACORN).
For more information, please visit: www.staysmartonline.gov.au